Friday, June 28, 2013

Proud of Myself

This week has been a good week.  There have been many moments where I have been proud of myself.  For instance, there was FREE PIZZA at work Tuesday night.  I *love* pizzaespecially free pizza.  And how many pieces did I eat?  ZERO.  Yep, you read that rightI had absolutely no pizza.  It helped that the pizza was in a different area than where I was working, so it wasn’t all in my face or anything like that.  Another thing that helped was that I had just finished eating my 0% Greek yogurt with fruit, so I wasn’t hungry at all.  Then, on Wednesday, there was chips and queso in the breakroom left over from the morning shift.  No, I did not resist this treat, but I didn’t binge on it either.  I had a reasonable amount and then felt satisfied and walked away.  That never happens.  On Thursday, a coworker brought in a bunch of fried foodfried catfish (which I can’t eat because I have an intolerance to it and will vomit for hours if I eat it), fried green tomatoes and fried mushrooms.  I had one of the tomatoes and 3 of the mushrooms.  And that was it. 

On the fitness front, I exercised every day this week with the exception of Tuesday when I literally didn’t have time to workout because I had worked from 2pm Monday afternoon until 6am Tuesday morning and then had to be back to work by 2pm Tuesday afternoon.  I met a goal on Wednesday when I woke up at 6:30am and was out the door to run by 8am.  Thursday morning I tried to wake up early again to workout.  However, that didn’t go as planned.  Apparently I was very tired from the 2 previous days of less than usual sleep because when the alarm went off I kept hitting snooze and resetting the alarm in the hopes of when it went off again that I would feel rested.  But, that didn’t happen until almost 10am.  At that time, I no longer had time to go to the gym and do my planned 45-ish minute strength training workout and ride my bicycle on the trak stand for an hour.  Instead, I just rode the bicycle for 30 minutes.  Better than nothing. 

Today, I woke up an hour before my alarm went off.  I had planned to be up at 6am so I could be out the door for my 5.5 mile run between 7 and 7:30, however I woke up at 5.  I laid in bed, trying to go back to sleep until 5:30 when I just gave up and started the coffee.  Tomorrow, I’ll get up around 7:30 or 8 and hit the gym for about an hour for a full body strength training session.  Sunday, I have plans with some people from work for most of the afternoon and it involves eating so I won’t be able to do my long run in the evening like I usually do.  So, I’ll be getting up early Sunday morning to get it done before it gets too warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews