Foodie Questions1. Do you make grocery lists? Yes…if I don’t, I usually forget half of what I need
2. Do you have a routine when shopping in your favorite grocery store? Not really…I mean, I guess I go and get the non-perishable items first (aka-my sparkling waters and Snapple teas), then move on to cooler things like the almond milk and greek yogurt, then I hit up the meat counter for salmon and then onto the produce.
3. What is your favorite seasoning? There’s this sweet salmon rub stuff that they sell at the meat counter of my local grocery store chain (HEB) that I just love!
4. What is the healthiest food in your fridge right now? apples, bell peppers, 0% plain greek yogurt, almond milk…and water. Of course, I think that’s EVERYTHING that’s in my fridge right now.
5. What is the most unhealthy food in your fridge now? ummm…the light ranch dressing single servings I saved from a couple trips to DQ (they give you 2 containers of the stuff with each salad and I only use 1…I save the other one for if I make my own salad at home)
6. What is the most exotic produce you’ve ever had? Yucca root
7. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. Hmmm…I guess I’ll pick Teji’s. it’s an Indian restaurant and they make the BEST lamb tikka masala ever! Oh and the best garlic naan I’ve ever had too.
8. What kind of pasta do you prefer (regular, whole wheat, etc.?) spaghetti squash
9. If you could make one food calorie-free for an entire week, which food would you choose? Bacon cheeseburgers
10. If you had to choose would you rather give up french fries or chocolate? I guess French fries, because my post workout “snack” is 1 cup of dark chocolate almond milk (great recovery drink)