Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Spring" Cleaning

Okay, I’m sorry, I’ve been a bad blogger.  I haven’t blogged in over a week now.  And it’s all because I’ve been obsessive and basically manic over cleaning my apartment out and redecorating it.  It’s all I can think about right now.  I’ve skipped the gym a couple times in favor of cleaning and/or redecorating already.  But my apartment is looking fantastic, let me tell you!

That lime-ish green ceramic statue of the Eiffel tower is literally my favorite décor item I’ve purchased.  I love it.  It’s so unique. 

I’m very happy because most of my apartment is now clutter free.  There are still a few spots with clutter, but they’re small compared to how it was before.  I have some boxes and painting related items in the dining room.  I have some magazines and random paper and other items in the living room, I have some clothes in the bedroom and the bathroom that need to be put up.  And I still need to clear off and scrub the kitchen counters, bathroom sink and bathtub.  I also still need to scrub all the fake wood floors.  After that, I’m pretty much done except for selling some items and replacing them.

On the fitness front, I’ve been keeping up with my workouts as much as I can.  I’ve been able to pick up 4 shifts of overtime at work in the last week and a half, so some of my gym and trak stand cycling workouts haven’t happened.  But, as always, I make sure I get all my runs in.  I worked a double shift on Saturday (from 2pm until 6am Sunday morning).  Sunday I was scheduled to run a 12 miler.  I was originally thinking that I could do it right after work Sunday morning.  But, as soon as I realized that would mean I would be awake for OVER 24 hours by the time I got done with the run, I nixed that idea.  Then I thought I would go Sunday evening, but I went to dinner with a friend so I was too full of food for that to happen.  So I then decided I would go Monday morning.  I set the alarm for 5am.  The alarm went off, and I hit snooze a couple times…like I usually do.  However, while I was hitting snooze I started thinking.  You see, I had accepted another shift of overtime for Monday night on the night shift.  So, if I did this, I’d be awake for over 24 hours.  Nope.  Not gonna do it.  I reset the alarm for closer to 10am and went back to sleep.  I ran Monday evening, in near 100 degrees (but hey, it wasn’t humid!)…but I only ran 7 miles.  That was what I was scheduled to run Tuesday morning (but would be unable to do Tuesday because I would get off work at 6am and have to return at 2pm).  So, I did the 7 miles Monday evening and Wednesday morning, I’ll do the 12 miles.  That way, I’ll get all my scheduled miles in for the month.

I did a little cursory weigh in on Sunday morning.  I have my final weigh in for the fitness challenge on Thursday, so I didn’t want to “officially” weigh in twice in one week.  I stepped on the scale Sunday morning and it registered at 173.  Up .8 of a pound.  Not too bad considering I had eaten 2 small cheeseburgers and a chipotle burrito bowl the night before.  So, I think if I hadn’t eaten those things, I would have weighed in at 172.2 again.  I was really hoping to be 169.9 or less for my final weigh in for the challenge, but I’m still quite okay with what I’ve got right now.  It fits me into my final and biggest goal for the whole challenge: to be 22% or less body fat.  And, right now, I am.  So, I am happy with where I am right now.

Anyway, I have been made aware that I have a new follower or two…so WELCOME!  And thank you Carina for referring them to my blog!

1 comment:

Total Pageviews