Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A "Quick" Check In

Started off this morning with the new oatmeal I bought the other day. 
It was good!  I was happy that it was “real” oatmeal and not quick oats.  The directions tell you to add BOILING water, put the lid on it and let it set for 3 minutes.  I had the peach almond flavor and I liked it.  I bought 3 other flavors that I am definitely looking forward to eating. 

The rest of the day, I went to the mall and bought a few bras and some new pants.  I have never owned more than 2 bras at once.  A nude or white colored one and a black or dark brown one.  I now own 6: 2 nude, 1 grey, 1 green, 1 pink and 1 orange/red leopard print.  How fun!

I was going to clean when I got home, but I spent a lot more time at the mall than I meant to, so I only had like an hour before I had to start getting ready for my long run.  I left to head to Town Lake for my long run (13 miles) shortly after 5pm.  A 13 mile run takes me about 2.5 hours, so if I arrived at the lake by 6 and was running within 15 minutes, that would put me done at about 8:45.  I was under the impression that the sun was setting somewhere around 8:15 so I’d be running in the dark for about 20 minutes.  However, I miscalculated.  I’m not sure what time the sun actually set, but it was earlier than I thought it would be.  At mile 8, I was already running in the dark…and wishing I had a head lamp.  Why?  Because there was no way I was going to finish my run.  I would be courting injury if I insisted on doing the last 3 miles of my run after I reached my car shortly after reaching mile 10.  So, at 10.2 I called it, did my post-run walking and stretching and drove home.  During that last 2 miles of my run, in between moments of cursing myself for either not planning better (and actually looking up the time for sunset) or for not owning a head lamp, I made my plan.  Tomorrow, I will run twice.  3 miles each.  I’ll run 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening.  I haven’t decided with which run I’ll do my gym workout, however.  I *should* do it with the morning run because there will be less people in the gym.

I’m disappointed.  This is the first time in almost a year of running that I have not finished a planned run.  I’ve not done runs on the day they were scheduled, but have always made them up.  And I plan to make up the missing 3 miles tomorrow, so it’s not like I’m just not going to do them.  I’m not beating myself up about it at all, just a little miffed that I didn’t plan better.  But, I now have plans to buy a head lamp, just in case I end up in this situation again…which is likely since  the days are getting shorter and shorter.

So, I know I said that the thought of restaurant food made me gag, but I went and had Indian food after I went to the mall this afternoon.  It’s fairly healthy food and they don’t over-serve you at this restaurant, so I didn’t overeat.  It was the perfect amount.  But, between yesterday’s food choices (I was up late feeling somewhat ill due to them last night) and the Indian food today, I’ve been having stomach distress.  Burping constantly.  I REALLY need to stick to my usual foods tomorrow.  So, I’ll be eating another one of those oatmeals for breakfast tomorrow, a protein shake post morning workout, cottage cheese with fruit, yogurt with fruit and granola, then some bell peppers and finally one of my dinner options.  I’m thinking that tomorrow I’m going to stay home for the most part (except for running and the gym, of course), so I plan to cook those chicken leg quarters and pork ribeyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews