Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day #10

Alright, so I didn’t work overtime last night, as I mentioned in yesterday’s blog.  So that means this morning, I was up and out of bed by 8:30am.  I logged on to my Facebook and saw a few of the running pages I follow had done memorial runs this morning and ran 9.11 miles in honor of the victims of 9/11.  I briefly thought about changing my mileage for today from 7 to 9.11, but decided ultimately not to.  Usually, I’m all about running in honor or in memorial of something deserving, but I just wasn’t feeling a run a little over 9 miles.  I was barely feeling the 7 mile run I had planned.

After I woke up, I got my day started with my usual cup of coffee and then my 2 multigrain waffles with PB2 and a banana for breakfast.  I let all that settle and then headed out on my run.  I used my new armband for my cellphone (a Belkin that is made for the Samsung Galaxy s3 and s4…my phone is the same size, so it works with it) and that went alright.  I’m thinking I’m going to have to flip it so the phone is actually upside down because the way the strap connects to itself is backwards to how my other one connected.  The run itself went well…or, as per usual lately for my runs for the past couple months, anyway.  I started off at about 10:30 min/mi and ended close to 12 min/mi after 7 miles.  I’m okay with that, though.  It was still a good run and it was done a day earlier than originally planned due to not working overtime last night like I thought I was going to be.

After my run, I showered of course, and then I started getting stuff ready in the kitchen.  I set the oven to preheat and then I started the quinoa on the stove top.  Then I put the canned diced tomatoes, the canned chopped black olives and the corn freshly cut off the cob in a bowl and mixed it all together with a little salt and some cumin to make a salsa.  Then I started cutting the bell peppers in half and placing them in my baking dishes.  When the quinoa was done and had set for 10 minutes to finish cooking, I mixed that with the salsa and then started stuffing the peppers.  Then I popped them in the oven for 20 minutes, took them back out, put a Mexican blend of cheese on them and stuck them back in the oven.  The oven was off at this point, I just didn’t have time to let them cool off completely and then bag them to be frozen in individual servings.  I did that when I got home after work.  BUT!  Before it was all done and over with, after I had stuffed the bell pepper halves, there was quinoa and salsa mixture left over, so I ate a little bit of it…OMG!  Sooooo yummy!  I knew as soon as I had eaten that bit of extra mixture that I was going to have a serving of the peppers for dinner.

Alright, so the day before yesterday’s victory was the cheese (by the way, that cheese is STILL in my fridge) and yesterday’s victory was the HUGE bag of fun sized candy bars.  Well…today there’s another victory to talk about.  One of the nurses brought in some homemade muffins…banana nut…blueberry…lemon poppy seed.  I refused to eat one “spur of the moment.”  So, instead, I grabbed one and wrapped in it a paper towel to either eat when I got home with my dinner or to eat tomorrow.  It sat in front of me all shift and I didn’t eat it.  I resisted it all day long.  So proud of myself, yet again.  I did, however, end up eating it with my dinner.  I was exhausted from work today and needed the little bit of comfort that that little lemon poppy seed muffin gave me.

At around 4pm, I ate my ff cottage with no sugar added diced pears.  Then, around 6pm I ate my 0% plain Greek yogurt with mixed fruit, granola and a couple stevia packets.  Then I ate my sliced bell peppers at about 8pm.  

Today I’m sore from yesterday’s workout.  My chest and my shoulders and my back.  I like it.  I’m still thinking about what to do for tomorrow’s workout.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to go to the gym and get in that full body strength training after a 2 mile BTG run.  I think that will be the best use of my time tomorrow morning.
So, I know it’s only Wednesday, but I feel good about my weigh in this weekend.  And I’m thinking that I’m going to do it Saturday morning again because I’m working a double shift and then will be running a 5K first thing Sunday morning.  So, it will just plain be easier to weigh in Saturday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews