Sunday, October 6, 2013

Flowers and Night Runs

Okay, slept in a bit this morning, but really not too much, because I had a late night last night and didn’t get to bed until about 3am, but couldn’t fall asleep until around 3:30 or so.  But I was awake…and I mean wide awake…by 9:30am.  I had set my alarm for 10:30.  When I realized I was awake at 9:30 and wasn’t going to be able to sleep any more, it dawned on me that if I slept until 10:30, that means I would be starting my run until about 11:30, and would be running until after 12, meaning I wouldn’t be done showering until about 12:30 and I have to be at Amanda W’s house for lunch at 1.  So, it’s good that I woke up when I did because I need to be out the door to run shortly after 11, so I can be home no later than 12 and out of the shower shortly thereafter and on my way to her house. 

I was a little dehydrated from the margaritas I drank last night when I woke up this morning.  My throat was really dry and there was a slight headache.  I haven’t drunk more than one drink since last December.  My pecs, triceps and rhomboids are all a little sore from yesterday’s workout.  Hooray!  That means I did a good workout, even though when I was 3 exercises from being done, I was ready to be done and leave.  Haha.

I’m a little annoyed.  2 of the rings I’ve been wearing and my new blue diamond flower ring were supposed to be back from the jeweler’s for sizing last Wednesday.  On Tuesday, the jewelry store called me to tell me that the jeweler had contacted them and said he needed a couple extra days with my rings and that they would be back by Saturday (yesterday).  I didn’t get a phone call telling me that they were back.  Depending on what time I leave Amanda’s house this afternoon, I may call them to see if they just forgot to call me to tell me that they were back from the jeweler’s.  I really want my rings back.

Breakfast this morning was one of my Quaker oatmeal cups and a banana.  Lunch at Amanda’s house was canceled.  So, I ended up at the crappiest Chinese buffet I could have found.  I did pick up my rings from the jewelry store.  I love my blue diamond flower ring!

My morning run was great!  Here’s the weather from that time frame:
I had an overall average of 10:51 min/mi.  That’s pretty good!  I did a total of 4.5 miles in 48:48.  I’m happy with that.  This run with my new-to-me stride went better than the last regular distance run with it last Tuesday went.  For starters, my overall average was over 10 seconds faster.  Also notable was that I sped up after the halfway mark today whereas last Tuesday I just kept getting a little slower with each mile.  And my calves were sore from yesterday’s 2 mile BTG temp run.  So I had that sort of working against me as well.  But I overcame it and did great.

For my night run, here’s the forecast:
I set out for my night run a little after 8:30, and it was shorter than planned.  I had planned on a 9 to 9.3 miler.  However, at about 2 miles in, my stomach started feeling extremely upset…like to the point where I wasn’t sure if I was going to throw up or not.  I started spitting to help keep that feeling at bay.  I do NOT spit, especially while running.  I think it’s gross and inconsiderate (if you’re running with others).  When I ran the Bun Run 10K I was running next to an older man who was hawking loogies every 20 feet.  I wanted to scream at him.  He finally slowed down and I pulled ahead and away from him.  Anyway, I was hoping the feeling would pass and I would be okay to do my full run.  As I neared my first designated refueling spot it was becoming obvious to me that the feeling was not going to pass and that I should just call it a night at 4 miles.  And that’s what I did…I’m sad to say.  So, my plan for tomorrow is to do tomorrow’s planned 2 BTG tempo miles plus a 4x25 gym session.  I’m going to do that shortly after I wake up in the morning.  Then, in the evening, I’ll do the make up 5 miles from today.

I’m not disappointed in not being able to finish the 9 miles I wanted to do tonight.  Why?  Because I am flexible and I can adjust my schedule to accommodate unforeseen issues like an extremely upset stomach.  Better safe than sorry in my book.

Okay, so my time on the night time 4 miler was slow.  I did 4 miles in 40 seconds less than my time for 4.5 miles this morning.  But that’s okay as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews