Food Matters1. Are you familiar with GMO’s? Is it an issue that matters to you? I am familiar with them and a lot of people might want to jump my junk because of this, but, no, it doesn’t matter to me
2. List a few items that are typically on your grocery list. Chicken and/or fish (tilapia or salmon), sparkly water, fruits, veggies
3. What is your favorite place to shop for produce? I buy different things at different places. I buy my bell peppers at Sam’s Club, for things like spaghetti squash and eggplant, I prefer to go to Sprouts, for most other things I usually go to Target or HEB…a TJ’s just opened up in Austin and I have yet to go…I need to go and see what they have!4. Do you eat processed foods? Yes, but I try to keep them to a minimum
5. Do you look for the “organic” label when you shop? Yes, so I can avoid it
6. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? I had shredded wheat cereal w/1 stevia and unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a pear, and a cup of mango juice (not from concentrate)
7. How many meals per week do you cook at home? As many as I can…I aim for 80% or better
8. Do you think that foods that have been genetically engineered should be labeled? Yes because I believe in an informed consumer
9. What matters most to you when you’re choosing a restaurant? Depends on what I’m looking for at the time. When I’m “on the wagon” I look for healthy options or at least options that aren’t as bad.
10. What is your favorite meal to cook at home? I have a few…roasted eggplant parmesan with spaghetti squash, mushroom & onion stuffed acorn squash…and then I just love to bake salmon and tilapia and experiment with different glazes and seasonings on them.