Monday, February 24, 2014

Friend Makin' Monday

First thing's first...I did not make it up to get to the gym Saturday morning.  I slept until about 11am.  Why?  Yes, there's an actual somewhat good reason for this.  I had ordered some tan knee-high boots for my gold/red pixie outfit I had planned to wear to the Sherwood Forest Faire yesterday.  The days kept ticking by and still no boots in the mailbox.  So, I decided I had to make other plans for my costume for the Faire.  I had cut the fabric for a blue pixie skirt back in December while I was on my vacation, so I decided that Friday night, after work, I would pin and sew it.  I was up until almost 2am doing this.  So, no workout Saturday morning.

Sunday morning happened, I woke up and got ready and headed over to Amanda's house so we could head over to the Faire.  We had both prepurchased our tickets (easy way to save a few bucks, plus you don't have to stand in line to buy one at the gate).  We entered the Faire and made a beeline for the food booth that sells "ogre toes."  This is crumbled candied bacon encapsulated by sausage and then wrapped in more candied bacon.  Oh yea, in case you didn't know, Faire days are NOT healthy eating days.  So, I had this little goody and then we set about perusing the Faire.  We checked the schedule and found a few shows we wanted to watch.  First, we watched the fairies dance around the maypole.  After that was the Washing Wenches.  We sat down close to the front, but I had to get up and move to the rear when I realize they like to fling water into the audience.  I had *just* paid $20 to have my face painted and I was wearing a $200 corset.  I didn't want either one of those ruined.  So I moved.  After that show, we went over to Whimsey's Muse's booth so I could get another portrait taken.  I really like the portrait I got this time.  I have to say...I think it might be my favorite one of the 5 I've gotten.  Here's pictures from the Faire

We left the Faire early enough that I *could* have actually done my long run yesterday.  But, I had only eaten an ogre toe and a funnel cake...not exactly great fuel for a 6-ish mile run.  So I opted to wait until today, after my trainer workout. 

Speaking of my trainer workout...due to working overtime on the evening shift on my days off for the next 4 weeks, today's workout was my last trainer workout until at least April 1st.  Sad.  I will definitely miss Samy pushing me beyond what I thought my limits were.  But!  All is not lost.  I just need to get my a$$ to the gym and do the workouts on my own.  I know what exercises to do, I just have to do them!  I really want to make it a point to get to the gym twice a week, on top of getting in my 3 runs per week.  I'm only going to be actually trying to pick up only one more shift of overtime during the week, so that shouldn't be a problem.  That would mean only working 1 double (aka-16 hour) shift per week. 

For this evening's run, I decided that, since the route I was going to run was fairly well lighted, to forgo the headlamp and instead wear a reflective belt.  I have had this belt since I was 19 and I have never once used it.  I have no idea how I never lost or otherwise misplaced or threw away this belt.  I always kept it with the intent of starting running someday and having need of it.  So, I guess whenever I moved, I just always made sure I knew where it was and that it could always be easily found.  Well, now I've used it.  Anyway, on to tonight's route.  I knew I wanted to do a 5-6 mile run this week and was leaning more towards a 6-ish distance.  This afternoon, I still hadn't sat down with MapMyRun and come up with a route (either a new one or one I had previously run and saved on there).  As I was driving to my trainer workout, I decided I wanted to run a route that I was pretty sure was at least 6 miles, maybe 6.3.  So, I set out just after 6pm, right before sunset.  About 3/4 of a mile into the run, I realized I should have used the restroom one more time before heading out and had to duck into a bush.  First time I've ever had to do this.  But, I was far too far away from a gas station to hold it any longer.  About 2 and 2/3 of a mile into the run, when I stopped at a stop light, I purposely didn't push the walk signal right away.  My right leg was tight and I needed to stretch and shake it out.  When the light changed and I had my walk light, I ran on and didn't have anymore issues with my right leg being tight.  Moving on...I did the loop and was finishing up.  When I reached the corner of my apartment complex's property, I hit the light on my Garmin to see where I was at.  5.92 miles.  Okay, that means this route was going to be exactly 6 miles.  I thought about it for a moment and realized that the 6.3 mile route was the same, except it includes a little jaunt off to the side just before the end to add that extra three tenths of a mile.

Well, anyway, it's Monday, so that means it's Friend Making Monday question time!  And for the next month, it's being hosted by a different blogger, hence the "getting to know you" style questions this week.

1. Introduce yourself in under 10 words.
I'm a runner, a blogger and a nerd.

2. How did you find Friend Makin Mondays?
I found Kenlie's blog through a search for weight loss blogs

3. Have you ever met any of your blog readers?
sadly, no...I hope to someday

4. How many states have you visited?
probably about 20

5. What did you have for lunch yesterday?
funnel cake...hahahaha (renaissance festival)

6. How many different places have you lived in?
oh wow...ummm...probably well over 35 or 40 places

7. What’s your favorite color?
pink and's a tie

8. Do you have any pets?
2 cats that are my world

9. What would your ideal job be?
either and office job or sewing renaissance costumes full time

10. Do you have any tattoos?
I have 37 tattoos


  1. 37? I didn't realize you had that few. :)

  2. wow 37 tattoos - that's awesome.
    Love the photos from the faire, it looks like lots of fun.
    Well done on your weight loss so far


Total Pageviews