Friday, July 18, 2014

Almost a Week In Now

When I weighed in Tuesday morning, I was down to 196.8 lbs…that’s a 5.4 lb loss on the 3rd day!!!  I’m pretty much 100% sure that was all water weight from retaining water due to crappy foods and loads of sodium, and inflammation in my body tissues, also from eating crappy foods.  But still, a 5.4 lb loss is a 5.4 lb loss and I’m counting it in my journey to lose weight this time.  So there!  The first phase of the FMD is also known as the “calming” phase because it is designed to reduce inflammation in the body tissues and soothe it.

Wednesday and Thursday I was in week 1’s phase 2, which is the “unlock the fat” phase.  It’s protein-heavy and puts an emphasis on building up muscle so that you can burn fat more efficiently.  I ate things like smoked salmon paired with cucumbers, egg white scrambles, tuna in salad, jerky, steak & asparagus wraps, and so on.  Very protein-heavy, like I said.  The first phase, while not heavy in carbs, has more carbs in it than the other 2 phases.  The 3rd phase puts more emphasis on healthy fats like avocados.

I missed out on 2 workouts this week.  Monday I was going to hit the gym but because of errands and bills I didn’t have time.  Then Tuesday I was going to run but slept horrible the night before so I was so tired Tuesday morning and didn’t get up to run.  So I was going to run on Wednesday morning, but again, I was tired, probably still tired from my horrible sleep Monday night.  And then, I had to run to the store to buy a shallot for my breakfast.  I figured I’d get all my food ready for the day and then maybe head out for a quick 3 miles, but food prep took way longer than I thought it would, so I didn’t have a chance to run Wednesday morning either.  Then, Wednesday and Thursday nights I worked 16 hour shifts so I only had time to sleep, wake up and food prep and then straight back to work.  I did set my alarm to wake me up about 35 minutes earlier than I normally wake up when I do a turnaround like that at work, so I was a little more tired than usual on Thursday and Friday.  But that’s okay.

Thursday, I woke up about 35 minutes earlier than my usual when I work a double shift.  Funny thing is, I felt way more rested than I usually do when I get that 35 minutes of sleep.  Hmmm.  Anyway, I figured it would take me about 40 minutes to do the food prep I needed to do before work.  Wrong.  It took about an hour.  I left 20 minutes later than I usually do for work.  I still got to work on time because I leave super early, but if there had been traffic, I would have been late to work.  Wednesday night I had run to Whole Foods on my lunch break to grab a bag of steam-in-the-bag frozen broccoli to have with my pork roast Thursday night (well, technically, Friday morning by the time I actually ate it, but it was Thursday’s dinner).

This diet is making me super thirsty.  For instance, in a double shift I usually drink a couple travel cups of coffee (for staying awake purposes) and 3-4 liters of sparkly water.  Wednesday, I drank my 2 travel cups full of coffee, all 4 liters of my sparkly water AND a liter of regular water!!!  WOW!!!  I’m not really complaining, except that I had to either go thirsty for the last 1.5 hours of my 16 hours at work that night or take the offer of my friend’s extra bottle of water that he had bought when he went on break.  So I took the water.

When I weighed myself Thursday when I woke up, I was down a total of 6.8 lbs!!!  In the book, she writes about how her clients will experience this kind of weight loss and be all like, this can’t be right, this can’t be healthy, so they start messing with what and how much they’re eating, screwing up the diet.  She emphasizes that you are supposed to lose like this, at least at the very start.  It will level off a little, but you will continue to lose weight at a steady rate even after it levels off.  I would be very happy if I hit 15 lbs lost by the end of the first 28 day cycle and then, if I can lose at least 10 more lbs in the second 28 day cycle.  If I can do that, I’ll be just a few pounds away from my goal.

Today, I woke up and weighed myself.  I was the same as Thursday.  Booo!  Oh well, at least I didn’t gain, right?  I knew the weight loss had to slow down at some point, but I was riding the high of showing a loss every day on the scale and I wasn’t prepared for it to just stop altogether…I figured it would just slow down to like a half or a quarter pound a day.  But nope, there was no loss at all between yesterday and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews