Now, every time I make spaghetti sauce, it is different. I like to include fresh sauteed veggies. I don't make the base sauce from scratch. I use store bought jarred sauces. I don't always use the same one. I'll just look at the selection on the shelves and see which one looks good to me that day. Today, Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom sauce just "spoke" to me. Haha. So, I bought that and an onion and headed home. I already had a pound of 93% lean ground beef, canned no salt added diced tomatoes and tomato paste at home.
Sara's Spaghetti Sauce
• 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
• 1 medium yellow/sweet onion, chopped
• 1 small can tomato paste
• 1 15oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
• 1 jar store bought red pasta sauce
• spices of your own choosing (this time I used garlic pepper and Italian seasoning)
• chop onion and saute in pan over medium high heat until translucent.
• add ground beef and cook until browned.
• add your spices and cook for about 30 seconds.
• add tomato paste and mix until coated.
• add in the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce.
• serve with your favorite pasta (mine is quinoa pasta) and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
|info for sauce only, not including pasta or any cheese|