EASY CROCKPOT MEATLOAF
• 1 lb extra lean ground beef
• 1 lb lean ground turkey
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3/4 cup 100% whole grain bread crumbs
• 3/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
• 1 whole medium onion, chopped
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp ground sage
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 packet dry onion soup mix (I used Target's house brand, Market Pantry Onion Soup Mix)
• crack eggs into large mixing bowl and beat.
• add milk and dry ingredients.
• chop onion and add to bowl.
• add ground beef and turkey and mix all of it together with your hands. make sure the turkey and the beef are completely mixed together and that there are no clumps of dry ingredients anywhere.
• place entire mixture into your crockpot, set on low and cook for 8 hours.
The other thing I decided to make this week was sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This is SUPER easy. You get 3-5 medium sized sweet potatoes and wrap them all in foil. Place in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Then, top as you desire and eat. I plan to eat them with a little butter, sweetener and cinnamon.