Christmas is coming!
Here’s how it works: you copy the questions, answer them and post them to your own blog. Then you come back here, and in the comments, post the link to your blog post with your answers to this week’s questions. If you don’t have a blog of your own, just post your answers in the comments.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes, but very minimally.
2. What are your Christmas traditions?
I don’t really have any right now other than exchanging gifts with a small select group of people.
3. Do you decorate for Christmas?
Not currently. I have in the past. Lights in my apartment windows and some fake frost on them too. Sometimes I put up a tree, but right now I really don’t have anywhere to put one.
4. What was Christmas like for you when you were a child?
My family wasn’t well off but we always had a great Christmas. One year “Santa” surprised us with a trip to Disney World. A lot of the gifts we got were clothes, but we did get some toys we had wanted as well.
5. Is there anyone on your Christmas list you don’t like buying gifts for? Why?
No, I have to say that the people I do buy for are all easy to know what they’d like.
6. Is there anyone you particularly like buying gifts for?
Yes. My friend Amanda is loads of fun to shop for. It really helps that her and I like a LOT of the same things, so it’s like shopping for myself.
7. Did you believe in Santa as a child? Do you remember when you found out he wasn’t real?
Yes, I did. My brothers and I always tried to catch him but never could. Just when we started to suspect our parents, the year we couldn’t afford a tree, we woke up to a fully decorated tree and loads of presents under it. The magically appearing tree HAD to come from Santa. But no, I don’t remember exactly when and how I found out he wasn’t real.
8. I know Elf on the Shelf has only been around since 2005, but did your parents do anything similar when you were younger to make you behave during the holidays?
Not that I can remember.
9. Speaking of Elf on the Shelf, do you have one?
Yes. I don’t have kids, but I saw all the pictures on Instagram and Facebook and thought it would be really fun, so I bought one. And it is fun to come up with adventures for my elf.
10. What is your dream Christmas (present/decorations/vacation/whatever)?
I would love to be able to go home to Oregon for Christmas one year with a trunk full of presents for everyone!