As promised, I am starting my weekly weigh-in and recap blogs as of today and then every Saturday to follow. I’m sad to say that since I weighed in last Tuesday at the start of my Biggest Loser challenge, I have gained 2.6 lbs. Ugh. Seriously? I mean, it wasn’t really a surprise. I knew I had gained because my clothes were a little tighter…my stomach was a little jigglier and my acid reflux was acting up a little bit. Anyway, here’s the shot of my scale this morning
I didn’t slack on my exercise. This is all eating. I didn’t say no to anything in the last week and a half. I have no one to blame but myself and I am taking full responsibility. I won’t dwell on it or shame myself for it because that will do me no good. What am I going to do instead? As we used to say back when I was in the Army, I’m going to suck it up and drive on. What does that mean? Basically, it means that I’m just going to accept this speedbump in my journey and not let it get me down. I’m going to attack my eating plan next week like my life depends on it. I didn’t stick to my eating plan for even one day this week. Yesterday was the closest I came to it, but I still ate 2 cookies and 2 slices of pizza. Thankfully, there shouldn’t be any cookies to tempt me next week; but even if there are, I’m going to refuse them.
Here’s my recap of this week’s exercise:
• Saturday: did the 30 minute circuit training @ Planet Fitness twice through, minus the step cardio in between machines, plus the back extension machine and some dumbbell calf raises (this is my norm for PF, so after today, I won’t be spelling it out). Then I did some Zumba Core on my Xbox when I got home. I forgot how much FUN Zumba is!!!
• Sunday: ran 10 miles @ an 11:02 pace
• Monday: ran 8 miles @ a 10:47 pace
• Tuesday: ran 5 miles @ a 10:50 pace
• Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: nothing. I was working double shifts and then recovering from them and trying not to get sick.
This week was a light running week, just a total of 23 miles. There was supposed to be 3 more miles that happened yesterday, but I decided to skip it because I wasn’t feeling all that great and wanted sleep more than I wanted a 3 mile run.
I was going to also post a recap of what a general day of eating looked like for me, however, as already discussed, my eating this week was horrible and all over the place. There was a LOT of cookies. Let’s just leave it at that. Tomorrow is Sunday and starts a new week.