MIRACLE NOODLE BAKED ZITI
• 2 - 7oz bags Miracle Noodle Ziti, shirataki pasta
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 lb extra lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
• 2 cloves diced garlic
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
• 1/4 tsp ground fennel seeds
• 1/4 tsp sea salt, or to taste
• 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
• 2 cans no salt added diced tomatoes
• 12 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1 egg, beaten
• prepare Miracle Noodle ziti. rinse and drain it. microwave it on high for 3 minutes, then rinse and drain again. press out excess moisture using a clean towel or allow to drain while preparing sauce.
• brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. drain and set aside.
• add oil to same pan. add onion and garlic. saute 5 minutes. add seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper. cook an additional 5 minutes or until fragrant.
• add 2 cans of diced tomatoes and the browned ground beef. simmer on low for 25 minutes or until sauce thickens somewhat. remove sauce from heat and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
• meanwhile, place the ricotta cheese, half the parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. add the beaten egg and combine.
• spray a 7x11" glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. lay out half the noodle mixture. then layer half the remaining sauce.
• add a layer of half the remaining mozzarella and half the remaining parmesan. repeat layers, starting with noodles, sauce and cheese.
• place in a 350° oven for 35-45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and ziti is bubbly. allow to sit at least 8 minutes before serving, or to completely cool before portioning to freeze.
HEALTHY DARK CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
• 1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
• 4 oz extra dark chocolate chips
• 1 small package (56 grams) natural sliced almonds
• preheat oven to 350°
• combine flours, oats, baking soda, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl
• in a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth
• slowly add dry ingredients into the butter mixture, beating until well-blended
• add the egg and mix until incorporated
• remove from mixer. add cranberries and chocolate chips and stir by hand until combined
• drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with silpats or parchment paper
• bake for 12 minutes, rotating the sheets midway through the baking process
• cool on wire racks
**if you don't like almonds, or you're allergic, it takes about 12 calories off each cookie.