All About the Blog
1. How long have you been blogging? I started my blog as a way to journal in 2009. A year and a half or so later, I changed the name of it and started posting in it as more of a blog than just a journal that was on the internet. In the last couple years, since I started running, I’ve gotten more serious about it and have settled on what I believe to be the perfect name and feel for my blog.
2. What do you like about being a blogger? I like that I can get my message out there and let people know that real people have weight loss struggles and they have issues with motivation and slip ups and backslides. I like that I can connect with people would have never otherwise met and find a kindred soul…maybe even a new friend!
3. What do you dislike about being a blogger? I, so far, have not had the problems of other bloggers where they receive threats and nasty messages from readers, so there’s really nothing I dislike about blogging.
4. What are the top 5 topics that you write about most frequently? Has it changed since you started your blog? Weight loss, running, the gym & home workouts, healthy cooking & meal prep, and life in general. Yes, it has changed a LOT. As I said, my blog started out as just a journal for me (you can go back to my original posts if you’re curious…they’re still there) and at that time I was going through a horrible life experience. Quite literally it was one of the worst times of my entire life. It was also during the time when I got to my largest weight (260-ish…maybe more…I avoided scales). Then it moved onto my struggles to lose weight and get a grip on my life. And now it’s all about my running obsession, my continued efforts at weight loss and healthy living, and just life as I see/experience it.
5. How often do you read other blogs? Are there any that you read regularly that we should be reading too? I read other blogs regularly. Most are running and/or weight loss/healthy living related. I highly recommend Diary of an Aspiring Loser, Run Eat Repeat, Runner Unleashed, Mile Posts, Shut Up and Run, Run Selfie Repeat (one of my absolute favorites!)
6. How do you define success when it comes to blogging? When someone comments that they are inspired by something I’ve posted
7. Share something that you know now as a result of blogging that you didn’t know before. It’s possible to inspire someone you’ve never met and probably never will meet.
8. Has blogging had an effect on your life? If so, share the details. Blogging, hand in hand with my passion for running and healthy lifestyle, has made me a more confident person. I’m no longer afraid of what people might think about me no matter what I do or say. I’m a much stronger person. I have self-confidence. I’m a better me.
9. How did you come up with your blog’s title? I wanted to make the title something personal, so that’s why my name is in it. then, obviously, I run a lot. Lastly, I included the “weigh” to signify that this blog is also about achieving and maintaining a healthy weight/lifestyle. Sara Runs This Weigh. And it also signifies that this is the way I do things and it works for me.
10. What’s the coolest thing about blogging? The connection with other people.