Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Thoughtful Thursday (late)
Thoughtful Thursday - Getting to know you (OK, I'm late!)
This was posted late by the host, Kenlie, and then I just haven’t had the time for me to sit down and answer the questions myself until now.
Please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your Thoughtful Thursdays questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own Thoughtful Thursdays post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Getting To Know You
1. List three things that you don’t need, but that you wouldn't want to live without. My phone, Facebook, Instagram…there are a few more things, but those are the basic 3
2. What is your favorite/least favorite household chore? I’m going to have to say doing dishes because I do 90% of them by hand because they are plastic containers and if I run them through the dishwasher they will just fly around inside the dishwasher and get dirtier and maybe end up in the bottom of the dishwasher and melt onto the heating element (this has happened to me with container lids)
3. Tell us about your hobbies (things that you do to relax, to have fun, etc.) running is my favorite hobby. I also love scrapbooking (about running…haha), reading, drawing, surfing the internet, doing things for my blog and my blog’s Facebook fan page.
4. What’s your favorite holiday, and why? Halloween. I LOVE to dress up in costume (also why one of my favorite things to do is attend a renaissance festival). And, now we have a local half marathon (ish…last year it was ¼ mile shy of an actual half marathon…we’ll see if they fix that with this year’s race) where running in costume is highly encouraged, so you know I’m all about that. In fact, I’ve already registered AND bought my costume…I’m so excited!!!
5. It’s Wednesday night. What will you do to enjoy yourself? well, considering I work Monday through Friday from 2pm to 10pm, I get home from work on Wednesday night around 10:30pm, I eat dinner, then surf the internet and watch Jimmy Kimmel and then go to bed at around 11:30pm.
6. Share at least three things that you like about yourself. my adaptability to different circumstances, my ability to push my body to do physical feats that I once thought impossible for me to do, and my sense of humor.
7. What are you looking forward to doing most over the coming weekend? Well, this weekend is my final looooooooong run before the Austin Marathon. I’ll be running 22 miles this weekend. It is also Super Bowl Sunday this weekend, so I’m looking forward to that as well. I still need to fully decide on my Super Bowl menu. I always cook healthy versions of Super Bowl foods for myself to eat during the Super Bowl and throughout the week following it. In the past, I have made turkey and black bean nachos with baked tortilla chips, different varieties of baked chicken wings (I, however, use the drummettes), and healthy personal pizzas made completely from scratch (including the dough for the crust). Stay tuned for this weekend’s edition of What’s Cookin’ Sunday: Super Bowl Edition to see what I’m making this year!
8. Did you make any goals for January? If so, how are they coming along? I didn’t make any official goals for the month of January, but I was hoping to make eating mindfully a habit and doing exercise other than running more of a priority (read: actually doing things other than running every now and then)
9. Are you in a relationship? A romantic one? nope. And I’m the happiest I’ve ever been too.
10. What is your favorite TV channel? H2. I love me some Ancient Aliens! Haha.