Let’s go ahead and start this off with what the scale says:
This week was a really good one. I did have to run 4 consecutive days, which I try not to do just because it does wear me out (this is one reason I don’t think doing a running streak is a good idea for me…the other is it would make running less fun and more like “work” because I would feel like I HAVE to keep up the streak…and I want running to stay FUN!). I am really starting to get the hang of these photo editing apps for my phone…as I’m sure you’ve noticed with all the “fancy” pictures I’ve been posting on here for my workouts.
My eating was really good this week. I ate within my calories most days. I didn’t go too far over on my 16-hour work day and that was only because when you’re awake longer, you do need more calories and also because I had no time to exercise that day, so less calories in my “calorie bank,” so to speak. And, while it did suck that I didn’t work out at all on Thursday or Friday, after running 4 days in a row, it was a much needed break for my legs. My legs performed fantastically this week too, as you will see in my exercise recap below.
• Saturday: did 45 minutes of Zumba Core on the Xbox Kinect and tried out my new Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD, level one…30 minutes. I really wanted to hit the gym and do some strength circuit training, but when I went, there was just too many people so I wouldn’t have been able to use the circuit training area the way I like to (skip the cardio stepping in between machines).
• Sunday: ran 17 miles and ROCKED IT! I last ran 17 miles back in November when I was first training for the Dallas Marathon and I did it in 3:39:48 hrs. This time, I ran it in 3:12:08 hrs! That’s a PR by 27 minutes and 40 seconds!!! OH YEA!
• Monday: I figured that my legs would be pretty tired after running 17 miles so fast, but nope! I ran my 10K shakeout run in an hour and 5 minutes. My last mile (before the last .2, that is) was my fastest at 9:36 minutes!!!
• Tuesday: got schooled on what a “shakeout run” is supposed to be. Unbeknownst to me, you’re supposed to actually run at a reasonable to slow pace. Oops. So, Monday’s run was not a shakeout. I thought a shakeout was just a run you did to shake out any nerves (pre-race/long run) or stiffness (post-race/long run). I was wrong. SO, Tuesday I took it slow…er. Haha. I did 9 miles at a [we’ll call it] conservative pace.
• Wednesday: great little 4 mile run this day! I was cruising! Got an average pace of 9:55 min/mi! I was very happy with that. What a great way to round out 4 days in a row of running!
• Thursday: worked a 16 hour shift, no exercise.
• Friday: was supposed to work another 16 hour shift, but once I got to work, found out I wasn’t even on the schedule…went home and went back to sleep...no workout.
On to my eating. As I said, it was on point this week. Most days I had a decent deficit. YAY! Obviously, on my 16 hour work shift days, there really wasn’t much of a deficit at all, but I still managed it. I’m very proud of myself for continuing to do so well with controlling my eating and eating more sensibly. I feel great too! I always feel much better when I eat right and don’t eat junk. I don’t know why I can’t seem to remember that when I’m eating the junk.