This is bullshahvic. Straight up. I've been working hard and eating right. How is it possible that I GAINED .8 lbs this week? How? This always happens to me. I'll start losing weight and be doing great, then it slows down, then it stops and then...then it reverses and I start gaining! I don't know what to do to get back to losing weight. I'm going to switch up my food this coming week. Instead of sandwiches, I'm going to do some grilled chicken salads with vinaigrette dressing. Instead of fruit for one of my snacks, I'm going to do some roasted brussels sprouts.
• Saturday: I had big plans for working out this day. For starters, I went to the buy/sell/trade video game store and bought 2 new Zumba “games” for my Xbox. YAY! I got Zumba Rush and Zumba Join the Party. Right after I went to the store, I headed to the gym. I was going to do 3 rounds of the circuit training area but there was soooooo many people at the gym and at least 3 other people in the circuit training area, so that wasn’t going to work. So, instead, I hit up the regular machines and would do 2 machines that were right next to each other (for example, the back extension machine and the ab twist machine) and then hop back and forth between the 2 for 3 sets, then move on to the next 2 machines. I did more machines than the 15 that are in the circuit training area and I did 3 sets on all of them and it only took me 35 minutes to complete. Then, I went home and I was going to do two 45-ish minute Zumba classes, but I was supposed to meet a friend for a mid-afternoon lunch at about 2:30, so I didn’t have time to do a second class. Ended up I DID have the time because she overslept her alarm and we didn’t meet until about 3:30 (she works the night shift hence the afternoon wake up).
• Sunday: my last “long” run before next Sunday’s marathon. It was a good run. I basically ran it at marathon goal pace. Due to using different machines Saturday at the gym, I was a little sore. YAY!
• Monday: I worked overtime on the night shift Sunday night so I wasn’t able to workout before my regular afternoon shift. I had thought and expected to be working in a position that would require I stand up for the majority of my 8 hour shift so I didn’t think I would have time to go up to the workout room and use the rowing machine, so I didn’t take the chest strap for my Polar M400 with me. Well, I should have brought it because I wasn’t working in the position I thought I was going to be in. Oh well. I planned my food out really good for this day so I was over 100 calories below my calorie allowance for the day.
• Tuesday: did 4 miles this day. I was trying to run slowly, but obviously I wasn’t trying hard enough because I was going marathon goal pace pretty much.
•Wednesday: gym and Zumba! I did my own thang at the gym again and I have to say, I think I’m preferring it. I can work through the machines faster and that means that in the same amount of time as I was spending in the circuit training area, I am getting like 50% more machines done, which makes for a more thorough and a better workout all around. I then went back home and did one of my new Zumba games. I’m really liking the change in songs and dance moves. I really enjoy my original game, Zumba Core, but all the songs and moves were becoming “old hat,” if you will. Gotta keep it fresh if I want to make progress, right?
• Thursday: just a 3 mile run this day. I tried to run about 45 seconds to a minute slower than marathon goal pace but only managed about 25 seconds slower than goal pace. Ugh. But, at least I didn’t just bust out at goal pace or faster, even though I really wanted to, believe me did I want to!
• Friday: I didn't do a "real" workout. Why? Because my knee started hurting Thursday afternoon for no reason I can think of and it still hurt Friday morning, so instead of aggravating it, I opted to let it rest. I decided, however, that after work I would knock out 2000 meters on the rowing machine. I did 2000 meters in about 12 minutes. So. Slow. Haha!
I’m having loads of fun with all these photo editing apps on my phone. I have to use sometimes 3 or 4 different apps on the same picture just to get what I want for that picture that day. I like to get fancy with my pictures.
This has nothing to do with working out or eating, but I would like to take a second and toot my horn as far as getting my chores FINALLY caught up. The dishes had been building up in the sink for a few weeks as I just kept putting it off and putting it off. See, the majority of my dishes are plastic containers so I have to wash them by hand and it takes some time to do that. But, I finally got all the dishes washed over the course of last weekend. YAY! My clean laundry had also been building up in the laundry room, waiting to be put away. Well, between Monday night after work and Tuesday morning before work, I got ALL my laundry put away properly, including the load I did Tuesday morning! YAY! Also, got my comforter washed to get the entire cat’s-worth of cat hair off of it…haha.