Saturday, April 18, 2015
Weigh In & Recap
While I’m not back to where I was before the little trip out of town, I am very happy I am NOT where I was the week before last. You don’t know because I didn’t take a picture of it and I’m not sharing. It was an out of the ordinary week for me and I figured that a good deal of what I gained per the scale the week before was water weight and therefore not an accurate weigh in. So, when I stepped on the scale last week and saw this, I was “okay” with it…not happy, but not really upset either.
Now let’s move on to my exercise for the last couple weeks.
Week of 3/28/15-4/3/15:
• Saturday: rest day, running the Austin 10/20 the next day.
• Sunday: ran the Austin 10/20 and totally rocked it! Last year I ran this race in 1:54:56. Right before the start, I told my friend Rob that I was hoping for a PR but inside I figured it wouldn’t be more than a 5 minute PR. I instead, got a 17:16 minute PR!!! Holy cannoli!! I will post a full race report on Monday now that I have my official race photos!
• Tuesday: met up with my friend Jennifer that lives in the city where the conference was and walked 6 miles together.
• Friday: no exercise again. Was thinking maybe I’d go for a run, but decided to save my legs for the next morning’s 5K. Just did some cooking and more house work instead. Also went to a screening of The Last Unicorn (my favorite movie in the whole wide world).
Here’s the week of 4/4/15-4/10/15 exercise:
• Saturday: ran the ASH Dash Bunny Run 5K. Great race! PRed big time but didn’t get top 3 in my age group. See my race report(post link to bunny run race report) if you’re interested in the particulars.
Ooooookaaaaaaaaay…so, I forgot to post what I had up to this point last Saturday (again), so now it’s a 3-week recap. Oy. I'm not posting the scale this week. I have had a very off week and have had a lot of anxiety this week so I have been turning to foods I shouldn't be eating. I'm hoping to get it back under control next week and not completely fail out of the "no junk" challenge I have been attempting to participate in.
• Saturday: as previous noted, I had no plans to exercise this day but to rest for a second day in hopes of securing a PR or a sub-1 hour finish at the next day’s 10K race.
• Sunday: day of the Capital 10K race!!! WOOHOO! I am very happy to report that I achieved my goal of a PR, but not my goal of finishing in under an hour. As soon as I get official photos, I'll be posting a race report.
• Tuesday: hit the gym! YAY! I added the smith machine squats to the end of my workout like I was talking about doing, and it was pretty good. I didn’t add the lunges yet because I wanted to see how I would feel after the squats first. Next week I’ll add the lunges. But I don’t think I’m going to do walking lunges. I think I’ll do static lunges with the smith machine. I’ll do a set of squats and then a set of lunges on each leg, then repeat the whole thing. And when I do my squats, I place my feet further in front of me so that I keep my back straight as I squat and so it hits my glutes more.
• Friday: worked a double Thursday night, so no time to exercise this day. Even if I did have time, it would have been a rest day in prep for today’s 5K new PR attempt!