Saturday, April 25, 2015

Weigh In & Recap

I didn’t post a scale pic last week because I was ashamed.  I had allowed my eating to get out of control again and, even though I did in fact step on the scale, I didn’t take a picture of it.  I just accepted it and vowed to start over and do better.  I know a lot of it was water retention and not true weight gain, but still…it was way more than I wanted to see.  But, I’m back to full disclosure today, so here’s today’s weigh in:
I have basically almost started over again.  I really wish I could get a handle on my binge eating disorder.  I've been so anxious lately and that has not helped one bit.  I've got a bit of a situation at work that may or may not be an actual issue...will find out on Tuesday.  And I'm so afraid that something is going to go wrong with my trip to Oregon in 2 weeks.  I hate that I get anxious (or however I'm feeling vulnerable at any given time) and I automatically turn to food and I don't even realize what I'm doing until I've stuffed my face with more food than I should have eaten in an entire day all in one sitting.  So frustrating to take 3 steps forward just to take 2 steps backward.  *sigh*
I wasn't very on top of things with my exercise this week.  It was most definitely an "off" week for me and I'm not proud of it.  I mean, I'm super happy with what I DID do, but the fact that I only have 3 days of activity out of 7...that's pretty pathetic for me.  Hopefully I can quit being so anxious and sleep better and eat better and just all around be a better ME.
• Saturday: ran a 5K and it was awesome.  I PR’ed and placed 3rd in my age group, so I’m very happy.  For the full report, go here.
• Sunday: was “supposed” to do a long run, but I didn’t feel like getting out of bed, so I slept until 12:30pm have no regrets.  I got up, ran some errands, met my friend Amanda at a high end dinner and a movie place to watch Cinderella, then went back home and messed around on the computer.  I finally got around to food prep around 10pm.  Finished up with that around 2am.  Geez.  So, obviously, no workout this day.
• Monday: my run schedule for this week was 14 miles, 7 miles, 9 miles and 4 miles.  I nixed the 14 miler on Sunday.  I was thinking maybe I’d change the 7 to a 10, but then I remembered it was Marathon Monday and that I had signed up to run a virtual half marathon for the Boston Forever Strong virtual run.  So, a half marathon it was!  The first 8 miles were the same from my hilly run last week and then I tacked on another 5.1 hilly miles and called it a day.  Ha!  I also PR’ed the half marathon distance.  Hilarious since my previous PR was from the Biggest Loser Half Marathon last year and that course was about 90% flat.  So, I’m very happy with this.  This year’s Biggest Loser is tomorrow and I think I’m going to try and hang with the 10:30 min/mi pace group…if they have pace groups again, that is.  I hope they have pace groups.  Anyway, this was a great run and I wore my “Boston Forever Strong” performance t-shirt that came with the medal (that didn’t even ship until this day, so I didn’t have it when I finished running…boo!) and my “Will Run For Boston” heavy wicking headband by BondiBand.
• Tuesday: I woke up feeling like I got hit by the allergy Mack truck.  I was going to go to the gym, but felt horrible and just stayed in bed instead.  Then, I was going to hit the rowing machine up after work with my friend David, but when we went to go, we discovered everybody else had the same idea, so we nixed it.
• Wednesday: was going to run 9 miles this day…but still was not feeling too good and also had anxiety the night before and didn’t get to sleep until probably 3am.  So I just slept in again.
• Thursday: it has now been 3 days without running or any kind of workout.  I feel like a slug.  But, I did the math and as long as I do the remaining runs for this month as I have them scheduled, I will still run over 100 miles for the month…whew!  Also, I only like 10% regret not running for 3 days.  Why?  Because I ran a hard 13.1 miles on Monday that was chock full of hills and I ran my fastest time for 13.1 miles on top of that!  Also, allergies hit me HARD starting on Tuesday and they didn’t clear up until this day.
• Friday: forced myself to get my lazy carcass out of bed and run.  I wasn’t dreading it.  I did want to.  But I just didn’t want to expend the effort, so I got it done as fast as possible without blowing myself up.  Haha.  4 miles in 40:49?  Boom.  Done.  Mind over matter is what it’s all about, for realz.

All I can do is plan and hope to do better next week.  Starting Monday, I am going to try and be more strict with myself with my eating.  I'm really going to try and not have any junk or restaurant foods, except for a "carbo load" dinner next Saturday for my 10K next Sunday, until I arrive in Oregon in 2 weeks.  I'm also going to try and be better with running and maybe even get to the gym at least once next week.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews