Sunday, April 12, 2015
• 2 heads of cauliflower
• 1 tbsp instant tapioca
• 1/2 cup crumbled real bacon bits
• 1 can light condensed cheddar cheese soup (I recommend Campbell's Healthy Request)
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup light sour cream
• 1/2 cup 2% milk
• 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
• cut cauliflower into florets and place into slow cooker
• in a bowl, mix together the soup, tapioca, garlic, sour cream, cheeses, milk and bacon bits
• pour mixture over cauliflower
• cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 hours or LOW for 6 hours, or until cauliflower is tender.
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp grated lemon zest
• 2 tsp all-purpose flour
• 1 cup 2% milk
• 2 tbsp light cream cheese
• 3/4 cup parmesan
• 3 tbsp fresh parsley
• 1 lb cooked medium shrimp
• melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. add the garlic and lemon zest and cook until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute.
• add in the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, 1 minute.
• whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until just thickened, about 3 minutes.
• add the cream cheese and parmesan; whisk until melted, about 1 minute.
• stir in the the shrimp and parsley.
• serve over your favorite pasta (nutrition info provided does not include any pasta). I prefer shirataki noodles.
• 2 cups cremini mushrooms
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 cup minced yellow onion or shallots
• 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/4 cup light sour cream
• 2 tsp minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce (just 1 tsp if you like it milder)
• 4 whole wheat tortillas (I used Santa Fe Tortilla Company brand)
• 1.25 lbs thin sliced chicken breast
• 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
• grill the chicken and set aside. chop when cooled.
• coat a large skillet. heat over medium-high heat. add mushrooms, spinach, shallots/onions, jalapeno, and oregano. saute until vegetables soften and then add the chicken.
• in a small bowl, combine sour cream and mince chipotle chile.
• spread half of each tortilla with 1 tbsp cream mixture, top with 1/4th of veggie-chicken mixture and 2 tbsp goat cheese. fold tortilla over filling and press down gently to close.
• grilled each folded tortilla 3.5-4 minutes per side.