Last week was the week before my big trip. My trip home to visit family and friends. Over the last month, I’ve been dealing with some somewhat serious anxiety. The reasons for that anxiety are now done and over with. But the side effects, the binge eating and the insomnia, of this anxiety have finally started fading away. So, last week, while not stellar with my food choices, I was slightly better than last week and the week before’s choices, so that’s a win in my book. I started a 16 day vacation yesterday when I boarded an airplane and flew to Oregon. I’m hoping (but I’m also pretty dang sure) that these next 16 days will completely distress me and I will be like a whole new person when I get back to my regular life. So, in light of this, I weighed myself yesterday morning before going to the airport, but I’m not going to share it with anyone. While I’m going to do my best to make the best choices while I’m on vacation, I’m not going to stress about anything I don’t need to either. I may or may not post yesterday’s weigh in when I do my next weigh in after I’m back in Texas on the 30th. I haven’t decided yet.
I write these recaps during the week, as each day happens, at work and then on Friday before I go home, I email them to myself. Well, I forgot to send it to myself on Friday and the IT department has decided to no longer allow people to log into their work email from a non-work computer, so I couldn't even log in from my phone or laptop and get to it. Luckily, I was able to get it sent to me with a little help. That's why I'm posting last week's recap today.
Anyway, let’s get to this week’s exercise!
• Saturday: no workout. Resting my legs for Sunday’s 10K where I attempt to run it in less than an hour.
• Sunday: ran the Sunshine Run 10K. Didn’t hit my goal of a sub-1 hour, but I still did pretty awesome. My official time was 1:00:50, so that means I missed a sub-1 hour finish by a mere 51 seconds!
• Monday: too many errands and appointments this day, so no time to workout.
• Tuesday: didn’t work out. No valid excuse.
• Wednesday: didn’t work out. Again, no valid excuse.
• Thursday: I made the decision Wednesday night that no matter what I absolutely HAD to run this day. No ifs, ands or buts about it. I set my alarm for 7:30, snoozed it until 7:45 and was out the door around 8:15 for what was supposed to be 10 miles. I was not feeling it. at. all. My legs were so heavy that my average 11:17 pace felt so difficult, but I did note that my breathing wasn’t labored at all that it was strictly in my legs that I felt that this run was such a huge effort. This has been an “off” week for me and I haven’t felt like running at all, so most of it I haven’t. But, I got out there this day and even though I didn’t run the full distance I had intended on running, I am more than happy I got out there and got it done. I’ve made a commitment and I just need to remember that. I need to remember that the commitment I made was a choice that I made because running is what makes me happy. I chose to be a runner; I chose to be a marathoner; I chose to set a goal of running at least 100 miles a month.
• Friday: was hoping I’d have time for a 3 mile run, but I didn’t. I barely got everything packed for my trip before it was time to leave for work.