Sunday, June 14, 2015
This week's version of my fruit salad has the following ingredients in it:
• 1 lb fresh strawberries, cut into pieces
• 1 pint fresh blueberries
• 1-6oz container fresh raspberries
• 1 mango, cut into pieces
• 2 large slightly green bananas, cut into slices
• about a cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
• about a cup seedless white grapes, cut in half
• 1 can lite/no sugar added sliced peaches, drained & cut into pieces
• 1 can lite/no sugar added sliced pears, drained & cut into pieces
• 1 can Libby's Skinny pineapple tidbits, drained
• approx 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 packets sweet'n'low
• 1 tsp cinnamon
I threw this together mid-week last week for my lunches because the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I had been eating for lunch most of the week were giving me MAJOR heartburn. This was much better AND I was getting my veggies!
• 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
• 1 can no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 large orange bell pepper
• 1 pint cherry/grape tomatoes
• 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen, thawed)
• 5 green onions
• 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
• 1/2 avocado
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1-2 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• to make the dressing: puree all ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
• to make the salad: finely chop the romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes and green onions. place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. toss with the dressing and serve.
• optional: add some grilled chicken breast seasoned with a southwest lime marinade. (this option is not included in the nutrition info provided)
• 12 oz fat free cream cheese
• 12 oz habanero jack or pepperjack shredded cheese
• 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
• 1.5 lb cooked chicken, shredded
• 10 Sante Fe Tortilla Company whole wheat tortillas
• 3/4 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
• 10 tbsp light sour cream
• 10 tbsp salsa (I used ghost pepper salsa, but you can use whatever salsa best suits you)
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp oregano
• mix taco seasoning ingredients together.
• stir together the cream cheese, jack cheese, and taco seasoning. fold in the chicken. divide among the tortillas. tuck in sides and roll up each tortilla. lay seam-side down on a baking sheet. spray tops of tortillas with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray.
• bake at 350° for 15 minutes. turn the chimichangas over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
• garnish with the cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Servings are 2 chimichangas each.