Thursday, November 26, 2015

Weekly Recap

So, this is a little bit earlier than usual for my weekly recap posts.  It’s Thursday.  Also, it’s Thanksgiving so HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!  I hope you’re doing something fun today with friends and/or family!  Today I’m running my local Turkey Trot put on by Thundercloud Subs, a local chain similar to Subway or Jimmy Johns, only way better!  This will be my second year running it and I’m really looking forward to it.  This afternoon, I’m celebrating with a late lunch at Golden Corral with my good friend Heather.  Then, later on in the evening I’m going to another friend’s house for a get together and I’m going to make a sweet potato crockpot casserole type dish.

So, that’s why I’m posting this on a Thursday instead of Friday or Saturday.  If I weigh in tomorrow, I’m going to be way up on the scale. 

Saturday: I had the Mustache Dache 5K this day.  It was at 9am and I ran it dressed as Luigi from Super Mario Bros.  It was so much fun!  I ran an 8:44 average and got 18th in a ridiculous age group of ages 18-39.  Even with my official time of 27:27, I didn’t have a change of placing in an age group with that kind of spread.  (see upcoming race report for full details)

After the 5K, I went home, took off the costumey parts of what I was wearing and headed out for another 7 miles to make it a split long run.  I have never done this before and it went very well!  I still felt really great even after running my 2nd fastest 5K ever at the Mustache Dache and even though I was trying to rein myself in, I kept running fast and did my 2nd run of the day at a 9:36 average pace.  So, yea, it’s runs like this that make me rethink waiting until I turn 50 to run Boston.  Maybe I WILL try to qualify to run Boston when I’m 40.

Sunday: was supposed to run with a new running buddy for this run (friend/coworker’s wife).  Her and I are running the same marathon next month in San Antonio.  But, she had to work overtime and wasn’t able to make it, so I stayed in bed longer and slowly got up and moving.  When I did, I decided to head to the Ladybird Lake hike & bike trail for 7, maybe 10, miles.  I took a gel with me in case when I got to mile 6 I was still feeling good and wanted to do the whole 10.  Well, OF COURSE I still felt good at mile 6, so I took my gel and hunkered down for another 4 miles.  I felt really good on this run despite the fact that I had run hard and fast the day before.  I was BARELY noticeably sore from the fast runs the day before.  I ran this run at a 10:49 average pace. 

Monday: went to the gym and did 5.75 miles on the elliptical in my 65 minutes.  Followed that up with strength training on the machines.  I had a little bit of a hard time getting myself going this day.  Not really groggy, but not fully awake either, you know?  I did go to Starbucks on Saturday AND Sunday and get venti cold brew coffees though, so maybe that had something to do with it?
Tuesday: for the past few days I have woken up ridiculously early…3am, 5am…and been wide awake for an hour or so then managed to fall back asleep only for my alarm to go off and now I’m a zombie and don’t want to get out of bed.  Anyway, I finally dragged myself out of bed and got some coffee in me, then went to the gym and was going to do 65 minutes on the elliptical, but only had time for 45.  Hey, you do what you can, right?  Went almost 4 miles according to the display, so not bad!  Then, I walked about 4 miles pre- and post-therapy appointment.

Wednesday: I had training all day for work, so I did a little walking, but not as much as I wanted to do, during our lunch break.  After training, I went home, ate my dinner and then after a little bit I headed to the gym for 5.75 miles on the elliptical in 65 minutes. 


Saturday was a planned splurge day.  I ate pizza at a local pizza place with a friend.  I was quite thrilled when I discovered I could get whole wheat crust instead of the regular pizza dough for the crust.  Sunday was not a planned splurge day, but I did plan to eat a can of chili with some reduced fat cheddar and a serving of Frito's.  That turned into me eating a lot more than I had planned on eating.  But, other than a pre-run bagel, that was the only thing I ate on Sunday, so I’m not really worried about it.  

I love that the weather is turning cooler (I’d say colder but I’m in central Texas so it’s not really “cold”).  I looooooove running in cooler temps!  I just feel like I can run forever when it’s cooler. Plus, I just run faster when the temps drop.  And who doesn’t love it when they run faster?

And now, let’s move onto the scale, even though it’s a couple days earlier than usual.
I’m okay with this.  My eating was again less than stellar and I ate way more things that I “shouldn’t” have been eating and binged on marshmallows last night, too, so I’m sure that didn’t help.  But, I did the math between last week’s and this week’s scale stats and came up with this: I gained .67 lb of muscle and lost .37 lb of body fat.  I’m completely 100% okay with this.  I know when I’m off work for 2 weeks to celebrate my birthday next month that I will do better with my eating.  There’s just something about being at work that makes me snacky and I hate it.  I need to pin point this issue and deal with it in some way OTHER than snacking when I’m supposed to be done eating for the day.  I’m also hoping to do better next week and maybe I can see 164 again, or at least 165. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews