• Saturday: first, my friend Heather came over and her and I went to downtown Austin and did a bunch of walking around…about 3.5 miles total. Then after she went home a few hours later, I went to the gym and did some strength training with the push press, front rows, front & side arm raises, Romanian deadlifts, kettlebell swings and side lunges. After strength training I hit the pool!!! I haven’t swam since like November. It felt really good.
• Sunday: headed back to my new favorite trail in Georgetown and ran 10 miles. I really love this trail. I wish I had gone sooner. I just thought that it was a further drive than it is. it’s actually closer to me than Ladybird Lake trail, but for anything longer than half marathon distance, I will go to Ladybird Lake trail.
• Monday: I worked overtime on the later late night shift this night, so as per usual, I wanted to make sure I had a really good workout before going to work. I went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. After that, I went on to strength training with the incline bench, lat pulldowns, and tricep pulldown dropsets. I ran out of time for doing my lower body exercises because I had my therapy appt. As it was, I made it to my appt with just a few minutes to spare. I walked for about 2 miles between pre- and post- appt.
• Tuesday: worked the later late shift as mentioned, but did the same as I did last week and set my little timer on my computer for 7 minutes and then the countdown timer on my FitBit for 5.5 minutes and walked the whole time. By the time I got off work and out to my car around 7am, I had 12,340 steps! Boom! Also, on my lunch break (at like 2am), I did a 20 minute walk in which I went up and down a single flight of stairs 40 times! AAAAAND…as if that’s not enough, I also did 300 air squats over the course of the night. And then…and then…and THEN! After I got home from working my regular shift on this night, I went for a 4 mile run. See, about 6am, I got a wild hair that I really, really, REALLY wanted to go for a run. So I made it happen at the end of the day. It was sheer awesome!
• Wednesday: since I ran Tuesday after work, I didn’t need to get up as early, so I slept in until about 8:30. I worked overtime again this night, but on the regular night shift, so got off work Thursday morning at 6am instead of 7am. Again, I like to have a really good workout in the bag before working a double shift at work. I really liked running to the gym, doing my workout and then running back home last Friday, so I decided to do that again! So, at the gym I did yet another 2 miles on the ‘mill, and then the ab coaster, back extensions, and V-ups.
• Thursday: worked overtime Wednesday night, but after 2:30am they didn’t need me anymore, so I went and walked around the parking lot for just shy of half an hour and got myself over 3000 steps. Then, I was able to get up early enough to go to the gym. I ran 3 miles on the ‘mill and then hit the strength with some resistance band side steps and leg press at the gym. There were a LOT of people in the personal training area of the gym, so I went home to do my abs. I used my 12# dumbbell for some Russian twists and then I did some pikes on my TRX straps. I must have been doing those wrong before because WHOA these really hit me this time.
• Friday: worked just a few hours of overtime last night to make up for what I missed out on Wednesday night. Got up around 8:30 and went to the gym and ran 3 miles on the treadmill.
Since I’ve now started doing some other posts during the week where I talk about what’s going on and getting in depth in those posts, so I will try to keep these week in review posts to my workout, weigh in and how I’m feeling reviews. So, let’s look at this week’s weigh ins.
I’m definitely a little frustrated that I went up .4 of a pound this week. BUUUUUT, my body fat did drop .3% so that’s definitely moving in the direction I want to go in, which is to get down to 25% or less in the body fat department. So I can see a little more movement in the direction I want to go in, I do need to make some more changes. I have ordered a product that I will receive by the end of next week. It’s one of those Super Greens supplements that you add to your morning drink and it helps regulate your entire system. I’m hoping that will help me flush some stuff out of my body as I think it’s been holding onto some stuff it doesn’t need to. So, I’m not discouraged at all that there was almost no movement. I’m actually completely okay with it, it’s just after over 2 months of dropping 1-4 pounds every single week, it just feels a little weird to not see a loss on the scale this week. But I have to get used to that as I am almost in the maintenance phase of my journey.
Something I’ve noticed recently…since I’ve lost this almost 30 pounds so quickly, I can feel the drastic difference from how my body felt less than 3 months ago at 186.5 and how it feels now at 158.7. And I don’t just mean how I feel in general. I mean how it feels to be able to cross my legs and it actually be comfortable and be able to leave my legs crossed for more than 10 seconds and it still be comfortable. I can sit cross-legged now and it’s comfortable. I can interlace my fingers and my fingers “feel skinny.” I’ll have an itch on my back or my side (somewhere on my ribcage, basically) and it’s a little weird that I can feel my ribs (not in a bad way) whereas before there was such a thick layer of fluff that I couldn’t feel them.
And then onto how my body looks so very different now. Let’s start with my face. Wow! Huge difference! I don’t look like I’m having an allergic reaction to something anymore! My lower stomach area is fairly flat. Although there is still extra skin on my upper stomach area, my belly button isn’t quite as “frowny” as it was before. There are “shadows” on my torso area where the oblique abs are separated from the regular abs in the middle and there is also “shadows” where the abs and the hips meet. Also, I’ve got the large “dimple” just under the hip bone on the outside area of my thigh. My muscles everywhere are more noticeable. I’m just all around ridiculously happy with how my body is looking.
And my clothes. My new, much smaller uniforms? Yea, they’re almost bordering on huge on me now. And they were a little snug in the thighs just like 3 weeks ago! While I’m on stay-cation next week, I’m going to do sew darts on the fronts and backs of my work shirts to make them more tailored and look less frumpy on me.