Thursday, August 11, 2016

Random Musings & Thoughts

This week in the life of Sara, we have some at least semi-exciting things to discuss!  First, there was LOTS, and I do mean LOTS of craft shopping.  Probably went a little too crazy with the craft shopping.  Actually, no maybe about it.  I did go too crazy with it.  But, what’s done is done and, frankly, I’m in love with everything I bought…so that’s good.

Speaking of crafty shopping and stuff, I did work on my scrap journal TONS!  I got all the way through to the title page for August!  So everything from the beginning of May through the end of July is done, done, done and I’m sooooo happy about that.  I love how all the pages are turning out and I’m super loving playing with all the different textures and tricks and things that I see in the Inkie Quill videos I’ve been watching.  Speaking of that, I’ve been watching so many of her videos that I’m soon going to have to find other YouTube scrapbooking channels to watch because I’m rapidly running out of her videos that I haven’t seen already.

I had to think of a way to secure the pages of my scrap journal because the metal binding started separating because the pages are getting loaded and fat.  I came up with 2 possible solutions.  The first is what are called loose leaf rings.  If I go that route, I’d get them in the 2” size.  The other option is zip ties.  I already have zip ties, so this option would be completely free.  The loose leaf rings are $10-$20 depending on whether I prefer the plain steel look or I want multicolored ones.  I’m kinda leaning toward the multicolored ones if that’s the option I decide to go with.  Also, if I go with the loose leaf rings, if I decide later down the road to add extra pages, it would be really easy to do without having to cut all the zip ties and replace them with completely new ones.  Also, I think with the rings, the pages would turn a lot smoother.  So, I think I will most likely be going with the rings.  Okay, decision basically made right there.  BOOM.

I am happy to report that the TEN POUNDS I gained thanks to TOM are all gone.  Woohoo!  It really didn’t take long.  Within 3 days post-TOM the weight was all basically gone and I was back to what I was before TOM happened.  I’m thinking of pharmacy shopping for just my birth control.  I want to find a pharmacy that carries the generic brand Kariva like I was taking before CVS took over all the Target pharmacies and changed manufacturers on my generic BC.  I’m not sure if it’s the change in BC manufacturers is what brought TOM back into the picture or if it was losing all the weight and getting back down into the healthy for my height weight range, or if it was a mix of the 2.  Either way, I’d like to go back to the Kariva and just see if that makes a difference.  Because, let me tell you, gaining 10 pounds for a week kinda threw me off.  I mean, I wasn’t worried, I knew what it was, so I didn’t FREAK, but I still didn’t like it.  Maybe if it was only 5 pounds I wouldn’t care so much???  I dunno.

I hit up a Goodwill and managed to find 3 super cute dresses.  Like super cute.  One is a sporty cut in a limey-yellow color, one is a black with white pin stripes halter top dress, and the 3rd one is what I would call a 50’s style casual A-line dress in an orange sherbet kind of color and white.
Last Thursday, I had a great and fun day with my friends David and Haley.  We went to a pub style restaurant/bar called Sherlock’s where I got a half order of fish & chips, chips subbed with a salad with raspberry vinaigrette.  Then, of course, I had the splurge at the end, some strawberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream.  Mmm-mmm-mmm! 

After that, we went to downtown Austin and played Pokémon Go at the capitol.  We all caught Pikachu! 
Then, we made our way down Congress Ave, stopped at my favorite coffee shop, Lavazza, and got their “Nutella espressos” and then continued on our way to South Congress. 
David got a haircut at Bird’s.  Then, as we made our way back to the car, we stopped with the Pokémon and hit up fun shops along the way.  I bought some pretty neat stuff.  I kind of collect vintage cat S&P shakers and I found a cute set.  I got a tile coaster with the “I love you so much” urban art on it, some gorgeous arrow earrings, a stuffed cat made in Vietnam, a day of the dead mermaid sticker, and a couple day of the dead post cards that I plan to use for my running scrapbook page for the Day of the Dead 5K I’ll be running in October.

didn't buy this one but really wanted to

On Friday, my friend Heather came over and we went to my new favorite pizza place, Brooklyn Heights and got GIANT slices of pizza.
After gorging ourselves on delicious pizza, we went to Costco where she reactivated her membership and added me to her account.  Then we went to Sam’s Club where I added her to my membership.  So now we both have memberships to both places!  Woohoo!  I can’t wait for my first shopping trip to Costco.  Which will be probably the end of next week.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!  The Night Moves trail half marathon.  Let me tell you.  Of all the cool and fun things that happened this last week, this was by far the highlight of the week.  It was sooooo amazing and fun and unique and challenging.  I just loved it.  And that’s all I’m going to say about it for now.  You’ll have to wait for me to post the recap in the next week or so to find out more.  I will tell you that I didn’t get home until 5am on Sunday.  DAAAAAAAMN!  But it’s all good, it was all great fun. 

And then, after getting home at 5am, I of course had to shower before I could go to bed.  So we’ll say in bed around 5:30.  I was WIDE AWAKE at 9:45.  What the actual fffffffffff?  Then I went to Amanda’s house and she let use her die cutting machine to play with my new dies and embossing folders.  Love it!  Super easy to use.  Can’t wait to get my own.  Then back home where all I did the rest of the day was walk around my apartments some (I was fairly sore from the trail half and barely got over 10K steps for the day, but it’s okay) and scrap journal.  That’s when I managed to get through the end of July done.  Monday morning is when I did the title page for August. 

Then, vacation was over and back to work on Monday.  I was supposed to work a 16 hour shift Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday, however, Monday my OT got canceled but no one felt the need to let me know this until right before the end of my regular shift.  Ugh.  Rude.

Now that I’m back at work, my insomnia is also back.  Joy.  But, it’s alright, I suppose.  I mean, there’s really nothing I can do about it.  Melatonin doesn’t do anything for me.  Benadryl doesn’t always work.  Nyquil rarely does the trick anymore.  ZZquil never worked for me.  I have Trazadon and Lunesta and half the time those don’t work either.  So frustrating.  But that’s just how it is for me.  I just work with it.

So, that’s this week in a giant nutshell.  Hope you had a great week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews