Sunday, August 14, 2016

Week in Review 8/13/16

Saturday: ran a night time trail half marathon.  It was hard and challenging, but it was definitely FUN!  (stay tuned in the next week or two, I will hopefully get the race recap up)
Sunday: was going to go to the gym, but I think after that super technical trail half my body needed a break and I am notorious for not giving it one.  So this time I did.  Rest day this day.  In fact, I didn’t even hit my 15K step goal for the day, but I did at least get 10K, so that’s alright.

Monday: 4 mile recovery run.  Nice and slow.  Working the soreness out.  Felt pretty good.
Tuesday:  5 miles on the tready on this day.  These were bonus miles because I had been scheduled to work overtime on Monday night, but they canceled me and didn’t tell me and I didn’t find out until about halfway through my regular shift that they had canceled me.  Oh well.
Wednesday: worked overtime Tuesday night on the regular night shift again, so nothing other than walking.

Thursday: I worked over time again Wednesday night, however, I really wanted to run, so when I got off work I went to the gym and ran 2.5 miles on the tready.  It was going to be 3, but my earphones died.  Wah wah.  It was still 2.5 more than I was going to get, so BONUS!
Friday: 94 floors on the stairclimber in about 20 minutes, then 65 minutes on the elliptical.  Just some cross training as I had a half marathon scheduled for Saturday and wanted me legs to be in good shape and not overworked running wise.


This was a messed up week.  I worked 3 double shifts in a row.  I did that a couple months ago and swore I’d never do it again because I was so exhausted when it was all done.  However, here I am, doing it again.  So, this time, I’ll say, HOPEFULLY I will never do it again because wow.  It wouldn’t have been too bad had I been able to sleep in yesterday, but nope I had a dentist appointment at 8:40am.  Which is okay because I originally thought it was at 8am.  So, an extra 40 minutes of sleep! 

I hit an “all-time” low on Friday with that 153.9!  But then I went and ate a burger and some ice cream Friday night and, while completely within my calories for the day, I did eat late aaaaaand I woke up at 3am on Saturday and that’s when I did my weigh in.  I’m not concerned about any of my weigh ins.  They all seem as how they should be.  I figured I’d be up a smidge on Saturday, so it wasn’t a shock either.  I am down only half a pound from the previous Saturday and, again, I’m perfectly fine with that.  As I weigh less, I lose slower.  It’s just how our bodies work.  I’m just hoping to be at my new goal weight (145 if you haven’t heard) by the end of September.  But, again, if it doesn’t happen by then, that’s cool.  I have a friend who seems to think I should try to get down to 135-ish.  I don’t know about that.  If it happens, it happens, but I’m not going to actively TRY for 135-ish…not like I will be for the 145 goal.  We’ll just see what happens in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews