• Saturday: ran a “half” marathon. It was about .3 of a mile short. But, that’s okay, I was just using it as a long run anyway, so I’m not super concerned about it. It turned out the course was mostly a cross country style course. I wasn’t expected that, but I was happy with it. It made it unique and fun. (stay tuned for a race recap…wow I am seriously behind in those…I think I now owe you guys 4!!!)
• Sunday: participated in a sports bra/shirtless run this day. One of the ladies I’m “friends” with on Instagram posted a couple weeks ago about it and I said I wanted in. I didn’t realize it was going to be this huge group of people, but it’s awesome that it was! The group run was only about 1.5 miles. I wanted to run more than that and so did one of the other ladies, Staci. So her and I ran another 6-ish miles for a total of 7.5 miles! She has a generally faster pace than I do and so, while I was going to have this be an easy run, it ended up being an almost MGP run. But I felt great and my breathing was still conversational. My legs felt really good, and I didn’t feel tired or sluggish, so I wasn’t pushing myself harder than was good for me.
• Monday: ran 4 slow miles on the tready. Then I actually did my strength training!!! YAY! I did the ab coaster 2 with 40# loaded on it, back extensions with a 25# plate, then unweighted oblique extensions. I wanted to do planks and pikes too, but I just wasn’t feeling a longer workout. Gotta stop giving into that laziness. Ha.
• Tuesday: worked overtime Monday night, so no workout or run on this day.
• Wednesday: ran for 65 minutes on the tready for about 6 miles. Then, I did my lower body strength workout. I did leg curls, leg extensions, inner & outer thigh machines, and slow/fast calf raises.
|love my facial expressions in these pics...haha|
• Thursday: overtime again. Wah wah. I did do a 2000 meter row on my lunch break on the night shift in 9 min 9 sec. Not bad, but not great either. BUT! I was in full uniform, so I take that in account.
• Friday: ran 2 easy miles to a church with a large parking lot, then went to the very far side of the parking lot so I’d be out of the way of any traffic and ran 50 meter sprints with 50-150 meter recoveries in between. When I got home and was checking my stats, the fastest I went (which was probably only for like 3 seconds…ha) was 4:47 min/mi pace! WHOA! Even for just a few seconds, that’s pretty epic. So I did sprints with recoveries for a mile in the parking lot, then ran the 2 miles back home nice and easy.
It’s just amazing to me that I’m STILL losing weight. Another 3.2 pounds down this week! How is that possible?!?!?! I mean, I’m not complaining…not even slightly. But I am just amazed.
As I mentioned in this week’s Random Musings post, I’ve “officially” changed my goal weight to 145. If you check out my little LilySlim ticker at the top of this page right under my blog banner, you’ll notice that I changed it on there. I have done a lot of thinking about my goal weight. I wasn’t going to make the new goal public, but I decided, like I said, after a lot of thought, that I should go ahead and make it public and just put it out there. I think this is the right thing for me. I just want to be healthy and to really, really love what I see in the mirror. Don’t get me wrong, I do love what I see in the mirror, I just want to “fine tune” it, you know?
And speaking of fine tuning what I see in the mirror…I was flexing my legs in the mirror yesterday morning and I CAN SEE MY MUSCLES GUYS!!!! Like there is actual definition and I can see the separation of the muscles in my quads. It’s not just one big smooth upper leg. Now you can see why they’re called “quads.” I love this! My body fat is dropping every week and as it does, the results are just fantastic and amazing to me. Talk about self-motivating!
This week and the next at least 4 weeks I’ll be working 3 shifts of overtime a week which will definitely impact what I’m able to do with my workouts. As far as my strength training goes, I will probably just focus almost solely on abs/core and glutes/legs for now. I’ll also probably be leaning heavily on the treadmill, especially on the days I decide to strength train, that way I can make sure I get both my run and my strength done. I will probably also start doing a run to and from the gym once a week…or at least, I’d like to do that. We’ll see if it actually happens. We all know how you make plans and then they don’t happen for one reason or another. I think I did pretty good this week.